The time when indoor plants stood neatly in a row on the windowsill is fortunately in the past. Nowadays we love to experiment. And thanks to the endless choice of varieties, there’s an azalea to suit every interior.
- Varieties that keep a low profile look good in a sturdy earthenware dish. Especially when combined with minimal design.
- Azaleas with white flowers are perfect for a white interior. A bright dash of pink or red-flowered azaleas works well here too. Put the azalea in a modern cache-pot for a simple effect. The green-white colours also combine well with grey, beige and cream.
- Do you like the natural look? Azaleas go very well with natural materials and colours such as brick red, wood, concrete grey, moss green, and so on.
Stem azaleas are a good idea for simple interiors, for example on both sides of a doorway to provide a warm welcome. Smallerstem azaleas make an impression when placed on a cabinet or occasional table.
It’s fun to put several miniature azaleas in a row on a cupboard.
As table decoration
- Cut a few blossoms off the azalea, but not too short, so they can rest on a glass with their stem in water. That will keep them fresh for some time. Perfect for a festive table setting.
- Put a large number of azalea buds, not yet blossoming, together in a glass bowl or dish. It looks like a very original pot